Every website has to be hosted by a web hosting service provider in order to get published on the web. Success of websites to some extent depends upon the web space it occupies and the speed with which it loads. When you do not have enough web space, you could end up with a website that frequently crashes. Identifying the right amount of web hosting space for your website is the key to success. This will totally depend on what kind of website you plan to build.
Your website may consists of files such as html files, images, videos, & textual content etc. It could also contain email accounts, along with built-in applications or scripts.
just find out how many web pages you want in your website, then just calculate which type of contents you want to publish on every pages, first of all just plan out the contents of each page & contact your web hosting service provider for the required space for your type of websites. It is important that the current web hosting space allows room for future expansion too in case you plan it or the number of visitors grow.
Types of Files – Identify What Category Your Website Falls Into
- If you have a simple static website with minimal data, and just 5-6 web pages, then you wouldn’t require much space. may be 1GB of Space is enough. Checkout for bandwidth your web hosting service provider provides.
- If your website features dynamic contents, Web Applications etc then you should need higher hosting space with higher bandwidth. then you should opt for 5gb to unlimited web hosting space.
- Personal bloggers will have to determine space based on their requirements in terms of textual content as well as images and video files they intend to upload, & extend their blogging in future. need of web hosting space is 1gb to 5gb.
- E-commerce sites have a huge data space requirements. unlimited shared web hosting space or a VPS server of 20 gb to 200gb, just calculate how much big your site is going to be & the daily unique visitors to your website then according to that choose the VPS server space
- The amount of Web hosting space you need is also influenced by the amount of traffic (daily unique visitors to your web pages) you expect on your website. You need an estimate of average monthly visitors to your website and the number of pages possibly viewed during a single visit. Every time a visitor lands on your website, when a page is accessed, and when data is uploaded or downloaded from your website, it directly affects the amount of bandwidth you require. Usually Unlimited web hosting spaces have unlimited bandwidth, & VPS servers, Dedicated servers are much better bandwidth & hardware for your website to run smoothly & remain up-time.
To conclude, having an idea about the approximate size of every single web page will help you decide the required amount of web hosting space. You must therefore know what you’re planning to incorporate on your website. You need to decide whether you plan to put up videos or just a combination of text and a few images. Understanding the overall structure of your website will help you decide the requirement of your website. While estimating the limit of the web space, it is important that you consider the future scaling options too. In essence, today you might be hosting a simple website with minimal space requirements, but if you were to expand your website, you might have to rethink about the web space limit.